Today the UK government issued the first batch of 25 Technical Notices on how to prepare for the case where there would be ‘no-deal’ between the UK and the EU. The plan is for two further batches to be released in September, with a total of some 80 notices.
The Technical Notices can be found here - https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/how-to-prepare-if-the-uk-leaves-the-eu-with-no-deal
There is an overview of the process here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-governments-preparations-for-a-no-deal-scenario/uk-governments-preparations-for-a-no-deal-scenario
“A scenario in which the UK leaves the EU without agreement (a ‘no deal’ scenario) remains unlikely given the mutual interests of the UK and the EU in securing a negotiated outcome…. However, it is our duty as a responsible government to prepare for all eventualities, including ‘no deal’, until we can be certain of the outcome of those negotiations.”
Some of the notices most relevant for GAMBICA members include:
- Trading with the EU if there's no Brexit deal
- Classifying your goods in the UK Trade Tariff if there’s no Brexit deal
- Exporting controlled goods if there’s no Brexit deal
- Horizon 2020 funding if there’s no Brexit deal
- The government’s guarantee for EU-funded programmes if there’s no Brexit deal
- How medicines, medical devices and clinical trials would be regulated if there’s no Brexit deal
- Submitting regulatory information on medical products if there’s no Brexit deal
Please get in touch if you have any comments or positions on these Technical Notices that we can use in our feedback to government.