GAMBICA Members have a voice on Brexit
02 October 2018
GAMBICA is actively working to represent our members and influence policy on Brexit related issues through collaboration with other industry associations – the EURIS Task Force.
We provide expert opinion from within our membership to inform various government departments (BEIS, DIT, DExEU, HMRC), helping them understand the issues that affect technical product supply chains, international trade issues, customs procedures and regulatory compliance.
We have regular engagement with BEIS, resulting in their solid understanding of our industry and the policy outcomes we would like to see. In turn, we receive regular updates from government officials and are able to share this intelligence with our members.
This engagement has resulted in:
- The EURIS report - Securing a competitive UK manufacturing industry post Brexit
- EURIS/BEIS Sector Panel – 20 member company experts directly advising BEIS on issues leading to the Trade Negotiations with the EU
- Direct consultation between member companies and BEIS to map the supply chain and assess potential trade issues
- Letter to the Prime Minister, signed by 150 member companies, seeking to avoid a no-deal scenario
- EURIS event in the House of Lords to promote the EURIS industry position
- 2 European summits to collaborate with European Industry Associations on common positions
All members are encouraged to engage on this process, wther that’s to increase your understanding, add your voice and expertise to our influencing work, or to share your thoughts and experience.
For more information, please download the flyer on the right of the page.
To get involved, please get in touch at [email protected]