An intensive masterclass for experienced exporters to help them optimise their export strategy by identifying their priority markets
About this event
This intensive and interactive masterclass introduces delegates to the
skills and techniques needed to select and prioritise potential export markets and
plan and conduct export market research projects.
The masterclass covers research strategies, desk and field research and offers
practical and cost-effective solutions for conducting research in-house and using
Government support and external agencies.
The half day workshop is designed to help delegates understand how to plan their
approach to international marketing research so that they can collect, interpret
and report on the information they have gathered. Each session of the workshop
builds on the last to ensure that delegates leave with a clear action plan.
Market Selection & Research – learning outcomes
On completion of this masterclass, delegates will be able to:
• understand the key criteria for selecting and prioritising overseas markets
• plan, undertake or commission, and report on a market research project
• make effective use of the internet and other sources of desk research
• plan and undertake field research activities in their target export markets
• use market research to gain an in-depth understanding of potential customers and partners
• have an awareness and appreciation of government and other regional services open to them
The workshop is provided by John Harrison MIEx CMRS
John is a trainer, facilitator and consultant whose focus is entirely on international trade. He has developed a portfolio of export workshops and training courses and established a high-quality client list of government departments, Chambers of Commerce, trade associations and similar organisations in the UK and Ireland. He is regularly invited to facilitate seminars and conferences and also works closely with companies on a one-to-one basis to advise and assist them in their export activities.
His experience of delivering export training extends over 20 years and he has in-depth knowledge of Department for International Trade and Chamber of Commerce networks and the schemes and services available to SMEs.