DIT Export Support
The Department for International Trade (DIT) provides a vast range of expert international trade services and practical advice & support to UK-based companies who want to grow their business overseas. Export services range from free online information and overseas support to International Trade Advisers and bespoke exporting strategies. A huge amount of FREE advice, market guides, information & support is available via their website: https://www.great.gov.uk/
A general Guide to their online market guides, support and advice can be found on their EXPORTING IS GREAT website, however as a brief guide to some of the key areas of support:
- The EXPORT OPPORTUNITIES database lists nearly 21,000 export sales leads & tender opportunities from around the world. Click on the link above to take a look at the current opportunities & register for this free service.
- For advice and help with export finance visit their GET EXPORT FINANCE page or visit UK EXPORT FINANCE, the UK's Export Credit Agency.
- Showcase your company directly by setting up a business profile on the great.gov.uk INTERNATIONAL BUYERS GUIDE
- Find an ONLINE MARKETPLACE on the Selling Online Overseas Directory
- The WEBINAR PROGRAMME page provides a list of hundreds of free hour long internet events covering topics, sectors & countries around the world, helping you shape your export plan. These are either co-ordinated centrally (and are open to all) or by the DIT regional offices (in some cases attendance is restricted to companies within that region). They are often organised in conjunction with key UK sector specialists and/or with the relevant country officers. Video recordings of many past events are also available.
- The DIT EXPORT CONTROL JOINT UNIT provides guidance on strategic export control licences and how to be compliant with UK and EU export control laws.
Click here to sign up for email alerts to hear about the latest live webinars and to receive instructions on how to register for them.
Click here to access the currently available guidance videos.
FINALLY, for one-to-one export advice, however, and to discuss bespoke exporting strategies DIT also have a network of local trade offices based around the UK. Within each office you can contact an International Trade Advisor. To find your regional office search their TRADE ADVISOR NETWORK